Thursday 27 December 2012

Cute Puppy Jumper December 2012



When trying to think of Christmas gifts this year I was inspired by what my sister has been trying to find for a while now. She has searched all over the internet (and beyond probably) for a jumper, or a knitting pattern with a picture of a Yorkshire Terrier on, as she has the cutest pair going.

So I made her one for Christmas this year!! This was the result and the pup who inspired it, Toby, how CUTE!!



So I just used a picture that I found of Toby looking super cute and still!! It is a good picture as it is mainly big shapes which are easy to sew.


First I cut out a shape in a pale brown fabric, which resembled the shape of Toby's head, but simplified. I then pinned it to a jumper that I bought in the men's section in Primark, the sturdier the fabric the better. I used the same colour thread to satin stitch around the shape. This was done using a zig-zag stitch on the machine, but you could do it by hand, it would just take longer. It's a technique called appliqué, easy to do but looks really effective.

Next I cut the shape of Toby's beard in a darker brown fabric and again used satin stitch to attach it to the jumper.


Then sewed a nose shape using chain stitch and filled it in using chain stitch again. I used the same method for the eyes and the mouth, but used black thread.


I think it looked rather cute, and it could be done for anything really, as long as the shapes are kept simple enough.

If you are interested in anything that I have done, or would like me to sew something for you then just message me on here or contact me on my Facebook page or Twitter!!

2 comments:

  1. love that your puppy matches your jumper. super cute! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting, check back for replies!! :)

Loads of love Emily x x x