Friday 14 December 2012

Personalised Presents- Dec 2012

Christmas is coming!! It's so close now! But what do you get the person who has everything?! Well their very own personalised present! It doesn't have to be just for Christmas, it is a perfect idea for pretty much any occasion. It is also good for those who are trying to save the pennies.



Something hand made or hand personalised is so lovely to receive and great to make and completely original! Something that is really simple but really effective is just sewing someone's name onto an item, whether it be a t shirt, a teddy bear, a bookmark or what i've been doing recently make up bags.


So I used a plain black, quite sturdy make up or toiletries bag. It is from Sainsbury's I think (this was for my sister's friend so my sister provided the bag). Really plain, so a great blank canvas. So firstly I drew on lightly the name that I wanted to add (this is obviously for Danielle's birthday!!). I then chain stitched over the outline that I had made. I used a really pale lilac as it stands out well against the black.


Then after that it is completely personal preference. I added flowers and leaves to make it girly, but you can basically add anything. The flowers are just long and short stitches using one colour of thread for the outer petal and another for the centre petals. The stems are vine stitch and the centre of the flowers are french knots.


I have done a few more of these personal presents but can't reveal any names as I don't want to ruin any of the surprises before the big day!! But I'll add some pictures of the decoration on them.


Hope you've got a few ideas, or if you want to get in touch about getting some items personalised by myself check out my Facebook or Twitter or message me on here!!

Merry Christmas!! 

2 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting, check back for replies!! :)

Loads of love Emily x x x