Saturday 2 March 2013

Something you have to try!!

Making your own dress is probably one of the most satisfying things you can do, (and also one of the most frustrating!!). Once you have picked your fabric and your pattern you then have to decipher the instructions, measured yourself (always tricky) and cut out all the pattern pieces... then it is time to pin and tuck and pleat and iron until you have your perfect dress. 

I would recommend to give it go. Even if your hem is a bit wonky, or buttons aren't perfectly spaced out that's fine because YOU made it!! It always feels amazing when someone asks 'oh where did you get that dress, it is lovely' and you can reply with great pride 'I made it!!'.

So next time you see a pattern you like, give it a go!! Even if it takes agggess, just do it! You won't regret it!

I have included these pictures I took whilst putting together one of my dresses! Hope you like it and feel inspired to create something yourself!








If you have any questions or requests feel free to comment or contact me on here. Or you can check out my Facebook page or my twitter!!

Thanks for reading!!

Lots of Love
x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting, check back for replies!! :)

Loads of love Emily x x x