Thursday 30 August 2012

ROAR!! A mane for Jamie's face!!

Jamie from JamiesFace fame is a lovely friend of mine, so when he asked me to make him something for his YouTube channel I said yes please straight away because, 1. I knew it would be weird (no offence Jay) and therefore fun to do, and 2. He is my friend, it would be tres rude if I said no.

So he told me for what sketch he needed it for (I'm keeping quiet so it will be a surprise!). So he basically wanted a lion's mane that he could wear, but was stretchy for his massive head (his words not mine).

I then got my thinking cap on and thought making it like a balaclava almost  would be the best approach, as it is stretchy and covers his chin and fod.

So I cut the face out of the balaclava and sewed strips of fur onto it.
I used the fur below from this eBay seller. I got half a meter, but I didn't use all of it, but better to have too much than too little in the sewing world!! 


This took agggess!! And fur is a PAIN to work with, I'm still finding big clumps of orange fur round my flat!! But once that was finally done I finished it off by adding little yellow ears!! I think it turned out brilliantly actually! So below is me wearing it after I finished it, this would be perfect for a fancy dress!



Now here is the man himself wearing it, and as you can tell he is very pleased!! Can't believe he has moved to London!! I will link the video as soon as it is uploaded!!


ROAARRR!!

So again if you want anything like this making for you (I know bestival is coming up?) you can contact me on here or via my Twitter or my Facebook.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting, check back for replies!! :)

Loads of love Emily x x x