Thursday 9 August 2012

OOTD 9/8/2012 DIY ombre hair for summer

Recently I've been umming and arring over the ombre hair look, I think it is beautiful for the summer, but the thought of bleach on my hair and the expense was putting me off. Saying that most of my hair is extensions, so it is not my hair I'll be bleaching!! (well it is mine, I bought it!!). Next was the expense... so I must have watched a million YouTube videos and read a million blog posts of girls who did it themselves. From these videos and posts I decided that I could do that, looked simple enough, and the results looked good. So I took the plunge, it is only hair after all, it grows back, you can dye it back. Plus I've sort of got into the mentality recently of 'You only live once' so why not?

So I used Jerome Russell B blonde hair lightener. It was around £5 from Home and Bargain. It was one of the powder bleach ones. I bought two boxes as my hair is quite long, and my hair is almost black!!


So I followed all the tutorials I had seen, and after one attempt I washed my hair. It had lightened it, but it wasn't as light as I wanted so I did it on the very end of my hair two more times. This time I washed my hair and thought 'Oh my God it's ginger!!!' but thankfully it was just the light in my bathroom!! Again it was not the colour I wanted, but it had worked, just more subtle than I had hoped for. But ah well!! This is what it looks like.

So it looks ok I suppose but i don't think this hair will physically go any lighter!!

Anyway, so today is actually like proper summer, so you can actually wear summer clothes, so i thought I'd do a quick actual summer outfit of the day. So i'm just wearing a white vest from Dorothy Perkins (about £4), a grey jersey high low skirt from Topshop (£20), vintage gold, white gold and rose gold necklace from my nan, and Primark nude pumps with gold studs (£10), and Primark plaited belt (~£1). Excuse the pasty legs, they haven't seen sun in about a year!!


Hopefully I'll get a bit of tan on them today!! 

Much love x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting, check back for replies!! :)

Loads of love Emily x x x